Anupamaa SPOILER! Vanraj to remove Anupamaa's dishes from his cafe menu

Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; March 7, 2022)

Getting a chance to romance on screen in her 40s, actress Rupali Ganguly, who has a romantic track going on currently with actor Gaurav Khanna in the show Anupamaa, says she is loving the experience. “It feels wonderful. The track has been so organic and my character’s transformation is so heart-warming. Whenever I watch my scenes with Gaurav, I get butterflies in my stomach. Iss umar mein bhi Rajan Shahi (producer) ne meri heroine banne ki saari muradein poori kar di hain. I had never thought I would get to romance on screen at this age, especially the one which I am doing right now that makes your heart race and without any physical contact between the characters.”

Mature love stories will always have their fanbase, says Rupali. “It’s always wonderful to see young people romancing, but for us women, who are above 40, characters like Anupamaa and Anuj come along, who make us believe that there can be a Prince Charming in our lives, too,” she says.

Ask her about her husband Ashwin K Verma’s reaction to her romantic track and she says, “My husband loves the track. We both watch the show together. He is my biggest critic as well as my biggest supporter.”