Kapil Sharma Show, Kapil Sharma Show news, Kapil Sharma Show bua, Upasana Singh kapil sharma show, kapil sharma show Upasana Singh, kiku sharda, Upasana Singh news, Upasana Singh actor, kapil sharma, entertainment news, indian express, indian express news

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; March 3, 2022)

Upasana Singh, who used to play the character of bua on Comedy Nights With Kapil a few years ago, has not been part of the comedy show for a long time now. While there were talks about Upasana having differences with Kapil, the actress dismissed the rumours.

Upasana says, “When I was playing bua, it was fun working with Kapil. Later, he started his own show and moved to another channel. I could not move to another channel because I had signed a contract and had to continue working for the channel. There was no rift with Kapil, but people thought I wasn’t happy working with him.”

The actress shares how she wants to work with Kapil, but only if she gets a good character. She says, “I did a few episodes with Kapil but then I realised I wanted to do something creatively satisfying rather than just be a part of his show for a few minutes. Kapil and I are on good terms and we communicate with each other regularly. I am hope that someday he will write a role for me because that will justify my talent and creatively satisfy me as an actor. I don’t want to work because I have to do something on television. That’s the reason, I haven’t taken up any projects on TV right now.”

Upasana, who has produced Punjabi films, adds, “Kapil is a nice guy and he also gave a voice over for my Punjabi film. Whenever he will think of something suitable for me, I will work with him. He knows that I won’t just do role just for the heck of it.”