Archana Puran Singh, Navjot Singh Sidhu

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; March 14, 2022)

Last week, after Navjot Singh Sidhu lost in the Punjab Assembly elections, actress Archana Puran Singh started trending on social media. There were innumerable memes doing the rounds suggesting that Sidhu might return to claim his spot in The Kapil Sharma Show. Archana had replaced Sidhu in the show back in 2017.

Talking about it, Archana told us, “I am not affected by these memes because it is not something new. What I am surprised about is how a person who has quit the show and joined politics, is still being connected with what I’m doing on the show. I have never been involved in politics. I have a particular role in the show, which I am doing diligently, but somehow when there is something new happening to Sidhu, memes are made on me. Isn’t that strange?”

She added, “People should understand that nothing is permanent in life. The chair that I occupy on Kapil’s show is not a permanent one and I will not play a judge forever. But people on social media behave like this is my only job and I have no other work in life. If Sidhu ever decides to come back or the channel or producer of the show wants him back, I am always willing to move on and find another project. I have said this many times before and this joke has been cracked so often on the show.”