Pooja Hegde talks about her on-screen chemistry with Prabhas and her other co-stars
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 10, 2022)

The upcoming romantic drama, Radhe Shyam marks Pooja Hedge’s first association with actor Prabhas. And its trailer has created a buzz among fans about the actors’ chemistry. Quiz Hegde about it and she says, “Chemistry is something that just happens.”

She adds that while Prabhas is known to be shy, he is jovial within his circle of close friends. And that, she feels, is what contributed in “creating magic”. “Sometimes you know someone really well but it doesn’t translate on screen, and sometimes you meet someone for the first time, but it just clicks, magic happens... I would like to believe that we look really good together,” Hegde, 31, shares.

This isn’t the first time that her chemistry with a co-star has been noticed. Her rapport with actor Allu Arjun in Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo (2020) also grabbed attention. Hegde says, “People say that I share great chemistry with most of my co-stars, be it Allu Arjun, Akhil Akkineni (in Most Eligible Bachelor; 2021) or Hrithik Roshan (in Mohenjo Daro; 2016). I love love stories. And I love to give my all in a scene. Maybe that translates on screen.”

As she looks forward to Radhe Shyam, she can’t help but ignore the comparisons to Titanic (1997). So, how did she react to sound engineer Resul Pookutty’s claim that the former’s climax is bigger than that of the cult classic? “I started sweating,” she laughs, adding, “If you see a sinking boat in a film, you end up comparing it to Titanic. Having said that, I’m relieved in a way as I feel we have been able to accomplish a similar kind of production design and scale.”