The filmmaker shares what got him started on his fitness journey, hopes to maintain his healthy lifestyle
Naina Arora (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 3, 2022)

Determination can move mountains, and that’s precisely what filmmaker Milap Zaveri had in oodles. Proving this is the fact that he has shed over 30 kilos in less than a year. He shared his achievement with a tweet: “Under 100kg after almost four years! Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.”

Revealing how his fitness journey started in July last year, the Marjaavaan (2019) and Satyameva Jayate 2 (2021)director tells us, “I weighed around 130kg then and found myself lethargic. I couldn’t even play with my six-year-old son Mehaan without getting exhausted. It got me thinking that I need to be fit so that I can be there for him and my wife, Gouri... And a few weeks back I finally beat him in a race.”

Zaveri, 42, focussed on a low-carb high-protein diet, with three-day cardio and three-day weight training routine. Moderation and discipline were important, he adds, sharing: “You can tell someone a hundred times (to lose weight), but they won’t do it until they decide themselves.”

He also mentions being encouraged by his friends, such as actors Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia Deshmukh and Shaad Randhawa. “I joke with them that I’ll lose more and launch myself (as an actor),” he concludes.