Dayanand Shetty, CID, Daya, Dayanand Shetty CID, CID tv Show, CID Sont TV, CID new Episodes, Entertainment news

Farzana Patowari (BOMBAY TIMES; March 16, 2022)

Talk about CID actor Dayanand Shetty, and the one dialogue that immediately comes to mind is ACP Pradyuman’s famous line, ‘Darwaja tod do, Daya.’ The show may have gone off air, but the dialogue follows the actor even today, and he has no complaints.

Daya says, “Back then, I would actually break doors on the show. Over the years, it reduced because the producers had to spend quite a bit to get the doors fixed! So later, I would only pretend to break the door.”

He adds, “I guess people loved the dialogue and that’s how it got attached to me. I’m totally fine with it. I am happy to see that people love us even though the show has gone off air.”

On the work front Daya says that he is being selective about his projects. “During CID, I used to shoot for 20 days, but now I don’t want to go back to a schedule like that. I want to be selective about the work I do,” says the actor who is all set make his debut in Marathi films with Garam Kitali soon.