Want to do work I won’t be embarrassed about later
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 29, 2022)

Actor Pia Bajpiee has opted not to do web shows just to be in the spotlight, and she is content to sit at home and wait for the right opportunity to come her way. An overdose of sex scenes, she says, is the reason behind this move. 

“I want to do something that I won’t feel guilty or embarrassed about three or four years from now. When I pick a project, I think about how my family will react when they watch me on screen. And because there is so much abusive language and vulgarity, abhi jo content aa raha hai web shows pe, this is not possible,” she says.

The 28-year-old continues, “I can’t do [dry] humping for the sake of the camera. Mujhse nahin hoga, mere expression hi nahin aayenge. Whether the show is set in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh or in an urban setting, people are shown throwing abuse, having sex, or drinking.”  

The Laal Rang (2016) and Mirza Juuliet (2017) actor notes that she is not against doing “sexy photoshoots or exposing in films” because “we have a censor board” and they “will take care of it”. But on the web, “there is no one”. And she knows people will slam her for saying all this. “I don’t care. If I don’t take a stand for myself, I wonder what all they (makers) will make us do,” wraps up the actor, who is busy with her upcoming project, Lost.