Avantika Dassani on the drive to live up to her family’s legacy
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 11, 2022)

After making her acting debut with Mithya, where she shared screen space with actor Huma S Qureshi, Avantika Dassani feels it’s inevitable to feel some pressure of hailing from a film background. The daughter of actor Bhagyashree says, “I am not going to say there is no pressure. I want to do it exactly the way my mother or brother (actor Abhimanyu Dassani) did on their own.”

Ask her if being referred to as someone’s daughter or sister gets to her, and she says, “Before the show released, it was ‘Bhagyashree’s daughter’, but all the reviews had my name in the title. So that was nice. Obviously, she is my mother, Abhimanyu is my brother, and I am very proud of them. I am more than happy to be referred to as her daughter and his sister. But I am here to make my name, my identity with my work, and make both of them proud as well.”

In fact, the 27-year-old believes it further motivates her to carve her own path. “They came out with their own decisions and the choices have paid off for them. If there’s something to learn from them, it is the ability to make strong choices which resonate with who I am,” shares Dassani.

Elated with the response her first acting stint fetched her, the actor says it’s an amazing feeling to be appreciated. “The show had such a great cast and crew... I knew it was going to be good when I read the script. The response was just overwhelming,” she ends.