The stage has given me my husband: Shweta
Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 27, 2022)

Actor Shweta Tripathi Sharma, who owns a theatre company today, holds a rather special relationship with the stage. Two plays, in particular, gave her the wings to dream of being a performer.

She tells us, “I remember watching a play where Yashpal Sharma (actor) was performing. There was a scene on the top of a train, and I fell in love with it. Then there was a musical called Graffiti choreographed by Shiamak Davar and directed by Roshan Abbas, which I remember very vividly.” 

But the biggest gift that the stage has given her is her husband, rapper Chaitanya Sharma aka Slow Cheetah. It was during a play that they met for the first time. “An amazing thing that the stage has given me is my husband. We were the understudies for a play. Two actors weren’t available, and both of us had to step in,” recalls the 36-year-old actor, who adds that he “proposed” to her for marriage on the stage.

One of her biggest desires is to travel the world and catch as many musicals and stage plays as possible with her husband. “We keep discussing that we want to travel the world and watch different performances. It’s important to remain inspired,” concludes the Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein actor. 

The stage has given me my husband: Shweta