‘AFTER
DOING
FILMS,
YOUR FEE
IN OTT
INCREASES’

Actor Sonnalli Seygall feels had she not done movies, she wouldn’t have been compensated so well in the web space
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; March 28, 2022)

Actor Sonnalli Seygall has been craving to do a power-packed actioner. Despite her being in the industry for over a year, Seygall got to do heavy-duty action only recently, thanks to her digital show Anamika. “In my head, I have always been a power-packed actioner. I’m not this desi bubbly girl in real life. I’m not someone who segregates between mediums. I choose the best that comes,” Seygall states.

Talking about the fee structure for actors who transition to OTT from films and those who’ve only done web projects, Seygall shares, “I feel like after doing films, your fee in OTT increases. Had I not done films and if I had done OTT, probably I wouldn’t have been compensated as much as I am getting now.”

The actor, who has played a girl-next-door in most of her films, shares her perspective on the diversity that the digital space has to offer. “With OTT coming in, the number of projects being made has increased. Proportionally, the number of roles actors get has also increased. Say, if I was offered 10 projects last year, I’m offered 20 now, simply because of the volume of work that has increased. So yes, it is because of OTT that you get to play different parts,” she elaborates.

While OTT gives actors the liberty to experiment, it also equates to higher commercials as the days of filming increase. Ask if that’s something actors keep in mind while signing digital shows, and she replies, “I looked at projects concerning money only in the middle of my career, because at the beginning of your career you want to get work; in the middle, you want to survive, but now I don’t look at that aspect. I know the money will come in anyway. For me, choosing projects is not dependent on money.”