Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 5, 2022)

Veteran actor Arun Bali, 79, is going through a neuromuscular problem and was admitted in a Mumbai hospital last month. His son, Ankush Bali, reveals that the condition is not “fatal” and his father is “home now”.

He explains, “We admitted him to the hospital for intravenous immunoglobulin therapy. He got an infection during the procedure and his health deteriorated. He was on the ventilator for two days, but he sailed through. He is weak, but nothing else to worry about. We will be admitting him again for the same treatment.”

Besides the Hey Ram (2000) actor’s illness, there were rumours suggesting that Ankush has abandoned his father. “I heard that I have left my father in the hospital to rot, that he doesn’t have money and barely makes his meals. Some YouTuber put a video and I wanted to bash him. There were rumours that I was taking (financial) help from someone. My father has worked his entire life and saved enough, so there’s no such problem. I will keep serving him till my last breath,” says Ankush.