Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 2, 2022)

This year is going to be an exciting one for actor Shweta Tripathi Sharma for more reasons than one. Not only does she have exciting projects as an actor, but she’s also set to turn producer, and will create the kind of roles for herself that she has not been getting.

Excited about her debut project as a producer, Sharma shares, “It is a horror film that I will be producing and acting in.”

Shedding more light on what made her take this decision, the 36-year-old reveals that it was a nudge by filmmaker Tarun Mansukhani. She tells us, “I met him after Masaan (2015) over coffee, and I told him that I was not getting the type of work that I want to do. He looked at me and said, ‘If it is not coming [your way], then why don’t you create it?’”

But obviously, it wasn’t an easy decision and it took Sharma some time to realise that goal. “It is a difficult thing to do… But if you are not getting work, then do it yourself. It took me a long while but I am hopeful now,” she adds.

Other than that, Sharma is looking forward to projects as an actor this year, including Mirzapur season 3 and Kanjoos Makkhichoos. “The release is not in our hands. What is in your hands is how you perform, what’s your characters, your story. I had a release after a really long time with Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein. I want to explore different emotions, and that is the joy of acting. I was hungry to act and to be on set, so when I came on set of this show, I was like, zorr se acting aa rahi hai, ab karwa lo jaldi se,” she ends.