Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 18, 2022)

Actor Saiee Manjrekar may have had a dream debut with Dabangg 3 (2019). But, after that, she was barely seen on the big screen. The pandemic was one of the reasons that led to Manjrekar’s hiatus. Nonetheless, she is going with the flow and is quite secure with her career growth.

Ask her if she is worried about being out of sight that may lead to her being out of people’s minds, and she says, “Not at all. I have age on my side. I just turned 20 in December, last year. When I see my friends, even they are figuring (life) out. So, I’m okay with going a little slow, at least for one or two years. If I was 23 or 24 and it (the pause) happened, I would have been really scared.”

After her debut, the pandemic shut the entire world down, so Manjrekar utilised the time to focus on herself. “It (the pandemic phase) was the time of learning and patience. I learnt a lot about my craft and worked on myself,” the actor mentions.

After being a part of a Salman Khan (actor) potboiler, Manjrekar wishes to explore more masala films. Sharing her views on the kind of work she wishes to do, she says, “I want to do a lot of commercial and masala work. And I need something challenging, otherwise, I would lose interest.” Manjrekar adds, “Also, I am looking for something, which is age-appropriate.”