Was Shocked, Sent Him A Message: Kapil Sharma On Sunil Grover's Surgery

Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; February 5, 2022)

Actor and comedian Kapil Sharma expressed concern over his former colleague Sunil Grover’s recent heart surgery. Sunil was rushed to a Mumbai hospital after he suffered a heart attack a few weeks ago. He underwent a bypass surgery and was recuperating in the hospital; he was discharged from the hospital yesterday.

Kapil and Sunil have worked together for many years on The Kapil Sharma Show, where the latter played the character of Gutthi. Speaking about Sunil, Kapil said, “I was shocked and I am extremely concerned about Sunil’s health. I had sent him a message, but obviously, he just got discharged on Thursday, so I can’t expect a message back from him.”

Kapil says, “He had to undergo a heart surgery at a very young age, but he will be fine soon. I’ve inquired about his health from our common friends. Working in the industry for such a long time, we have many friends, and they regularly update me about his well-being and health.”

Kapil and Sunil had parted ways professionally in 2017 after they had a tiff on a flight. However, they have remained cordial with each other. Meanwhile, Kapil is busy shooting for his show and making a bank of episodes.

He said, “We are working very hard these days because we are busy making a bank for our show. I am planning to go abroad after February 20 for a film project and want to make sure that I keep a bank of episodes ready. The coming months are going to be busy, so my entire day goes in shooting and keeping fit, which is important.”

Kapil, who is a father to two children, Anayra and Trishaan, shared pictures of his younger one, Trishaan, who turned one on February 2. “My children are the world to me, but because of my schedules, I can play with them only in the morning. In the evenings, when I return, they are fast asleep. My daughter watches my show and then tells me, ‘Iss main kaunsi badi baat hai, I also come on television.’ She says this because my wife regularly uploads her videos on social media, and she thinks that’s TV, too. We have a good laugh over it. Pura din unka chattar pattar chalta hai and I love it,” he said.