Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 30, 2022)

Filmmaker and actor Mahesh Manjrekar is at a loss of words as a result of the uproar around his latest Marathi film, Nay Varan Bhat Loncha Kon Nay Koncha. The Kshatriya Maratha Seva Sanstha filed a complaint before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court in Bandra seeking action against Manjrekar for allegedly portraying women and children in an objectionable manner in the film.

Narendra and Shreyans Hirawat  (the producers), as well as NH Studioz, were named in the case brought against Manjrekar. Ask the filmmaker about his reaction to the entire row and he says, “I’m at a loss of words to answer your question. My film is censored by the authorities. And we have a strict board. So, if they didn’t find anything objectionable... Also, it is an adult film. It is dark, so you need to watch [keeping that in mind].”

The 63-year-old is unfazed by the complaint: “What can one do? One can only do their work and make movies. Everyone has the right to object, so I’m okay with that.” He adds, “I’ve never tried (sensationalism). I’ve never done that all my life. I have made more than 25 films.”