Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 26, 2022)

Content creator Saloni Gaur rose to fame with her portrayal of Nazma Aapi, a fictional character known for her humorous and satirical take on everything trending in the social- political scenario. Over the years, Gaur has emerged as a social media sensation for her straight-faced humour. What has also stood out is her rendition of actor Kangana Ranaut.

She tells us, “We haven’t met, but Kangana knows about my rendition. She lashed out at me a couple of times on social media. But that was fine. I enjoyed reading what she wrote (laughs). I respect Kangana for her acting skills. I don’t care about what she says because those are her personal beliefs.”

Gaur has often faced trolls who’ve claimed that she wouldn’t have an identity had it not been for Ranaut. “I can stop doing these videos, any day, any minute. I might mimic her, but I write the script and call the shots. People know me because of [my character] Nazma Aapi. If people troll me in a funny way, I don’t mind it. I’m not someone who cribs if people pick on me,” she says.

Last month, the 22-year-old marked her acting debut with a web show, Campus Diaries. For her, it was an opportunity to break away from the image of a comic. “What I’ve done so far has largely been comedy. My sketches have also been comical. People haven’t seen me doing anything else. When I learnt that the character I need to play is relatively serious, I thought it would be challenging. Hopefully, I’ll get more opportunities to act now,” ends Gaur, who also has a film in the pipeline.