Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; January 15, 2022)

It’s a momentous day for Neil Nitin Mukesh, who turns 40 today. While he had earlier planned to bring in his landmark birthday in a special way, today he looks at a toned-down celebration with his immediate family members at home. Neil says, “I have turned 40, but I feel like a four-year-old! Thanks to my daughter, Nurvi, who I enjoy spending time with. It feels refreshing to disconnect from the world and play puzzle games and watch cartoons with her.”

As he looks back at the past four decades, Neil says, “I am grateful to the almighty. He has given me a great set of parents and siblings. I am blessed to have carried on my father (singer Nitin Mukesh) and grandfather’s (singer Mukesh) legacy.”

Reflecting on his journey in the industry, Neil, who has been a part of films like Johnny Gaddaar, New York, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Saaho, among others, shares, “Before I got into films, I used to think that even if I get to do half a dozen films I would be happy. I consider my journey successful. Ups and downs are a part of everyone’s life.”

One of the major milestones in his career has been turning producer with Bypass Road (2019), made under his banner NNM Films. It was written by him and directed by his brother Naman. Neil, who also acted in the film, says, “The company that my brother and I started four years ago is doing well. We have developed some projects out of which two films are already greenlit. I feel it is going to be an exciting phase professionally. ”