Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 28, 2022)

A few days back, the rumour mill was abuzz that actor Ahan Shetty is all set to tie the knot with his girlfriend, fashion designer and influencer Tania Shroff, this year. But he tells us that there’s no truth to the story. “Right now, my focus is on work, and I’m working on my second film. When I feel like I need to share something about my personal life, I’ll do so and not hide it,” the 26-year-old shares. 

Quiz him if headlines about his love life bother him, and he says, “No, because it’s something I brought into the light. I don’t hide anything from anyone; I’ve been very honest. Having said that, sometimes [I feel] it’s not fair that such articles [involving rumours and speculations] come out, but you can’t really control that.”

The actor goes on to share that speculative items such as these have never affected his equation with Shroff. “We know and understand each other well. If a third person says something and [that ends up affecting the bond], then one has to question their relationship. Communication, I believe, is the most important aspect of any relationship,” he elaborates. 

On the work front, Shetty, who made his acting debut with Tadap last year, received praise from industry heavyweights, such as actors Amitabh Bachchan and Mohanlal. But he says he doesn’t want all the praise to go to his head and cause him to become complacent.

“I want to be on my toes and keep challenging myself because it makes me feel uncomfortable. I also want to give 150% to everything I do. I want to go into every film telling myself that I’ve got to prove myself. And then, maybe 10-15 years down the line, I will tell myself that I’ve arrived,” concludes the actor.