Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; December 24, 2021)

Actor Ravi Kishan is all set to host an upcoming devotional singing reality show — Swarn Swar Bharat on TV. It’s something different that he is getting into and he’s looking forward to it. Talking about his connect with music, he says, “I have always been connected to music throughout my acting career. Music is an integral part of every film. I am a bathroom singer, but I am a good listener and hence, have a good understanding of music.”

It’s not the first time that Ravi will be seen on the small screen. He has been part of television earlier, too, and sharing his views on the medium, he says, “TV has, in a way, changed my life. I remember when I wasn’t having the best days in my career, I was part of a show on DD channel titled Hello Inspector where I played a cop. It’s because of that show that I bagged a Bhojpuri film and became a star there. So television has that kind of power.”

Over the past three decades, Ravi has worked in over 600 movies. Even though he’s a big name in the Bhojpuri industry, does he regret not being able to make space for himself in Bollywood? He says, “I believe everyone has their own destiny. I am a trained actor and I still didn’t get enough opportunities in Bollywood. Then I got tired of it and moved to Bhojpuri. God has been kind, people made me a superstar there.”

He adds, “I don’t regret anything because I have created my own space today. And now with OTT, I am a part of web shows like Matsya Kaand on MX Player which people have loved.”

Ravi, who is also a Member of Parliament, says he is happy to balance his acting career with politics. “Yes, I have to run around a lot and I sleep for just four hours. But I’m fine with that because I believe in doing whatever I do with all honesty,” he says.