Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 20, 2021)

Actor Elli AvrRam, who came to India from Sweden many years ago, believes that the Hindi film industry has now opened its arms to actors belonging to different ethnicities. She tells us, “I think it’s becoming like Hollywood. People from so many nationalities are working in our movies today. Bollywood is huge and inclusivity has made it even bigger.”

The actor, who is also open to international content, was recently seen in a Swedish short film, With You. This marked her return to a Swedish project after 13 years. So, what drove her towards it? “This opportunity came to me a couple of years ago when I felt I wanted to act in my mother tongue. I’ve always been a hardcore Bollywood fan, but I decided to do something different,” she says.

What makes this project special for the actor is the positive message it conveys on mental health: “I really wanted to be part of something that could help us spread light.”

AvrRam’s performance in the project won her the award for the best actress at the Stockholm City Film Festival 2021. “It left me shocked,” she says.

So how important are awards for her? “The one that I won for With You is, of course, special, as no one knows me in Sweden. I know that they have given me the award based on my performance,” shares the Mickey Virus (2013) actor, adding that it has motivated her to work in more Swedish projects in the coming days.