Actor Salman Khan and children get along like a house on fire. On his 56th birthday today, three of the actor’s young co-stars share their experiences of working with him
HINDUSTAN TIMES (December 27, 2021)

ALI HAJI (Rohan in Partner, 2007)
I had the best experience of my life while shooting with Salman uncle for Partner. It felt more like a joyride than a shoot. He is such a positive person to be around. Every one-liner that I spoke in the film is all thanks to him. Before each take, he would tell me, ‘Yeh bolna,’ and you trust him. Months later, when people laughed at these scenes in theatres, I realised it was his touch.

Our relationship continued as he took me to his farmhouse, introduced me to his nephews and we became friends. He treated my family like he would treat his. He also gave me a ride on his bike during the film’s shoot in Mumbai, and even took me to a toy store and bought me a bike, which I also rode in the film.

HARSHAALI MALHOTRA (Munni in Bajrangi Bhaijaan, 2015)
It was so much fun working with Salman uncle. During our first meeting, I remember telling him, ‘I want to be a superstar like you.’

He used to give me lots of gifts, take me to play table tennis and on ATV rides as well. Meri ek baar tabiyat kharab ho gayi thi, so he gave me a tip, ‘Ek actor ko nahin dikhana chahiye ki unki tabiyat kharab hai.’ Now that he is busy, I don’t get to talk to him much. But mum told me that Bajrangi Bhaijaan 2 might be made and I would want to be part of it with Salman uncle. Every year, without fail, I wish him on his birthday and he asks me, ‘Padhaai kaisi chal rahi hai.’

SANA SAEED (Anjali in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, 1998)
I remember having a lot of fun when I did my scenes with Salman in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai — me as little Anjali and he played Aman Mehra. He was always super kind and so playful on set. His energy was simply great. I did get a chance to briefly work with him again, on the set of Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega (2000), but I haven’t met him personally since then.