Onkar Kulkarni (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 31, 2021)

After being a part of hit shows on television like Balika Vadhu and Qubool Hai, Vikrant Massey made his Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha-starrer Lootera in 2013. Over the years, he’s starred in films like Chhapaak, in which he played Deepika Padukone’s partner. While he’s confident about his place in the industry today, he said the big switch was difficult at first, since he had many concerns.

He shares, “When I decided to take this leap from TV to films, the financial aspect was definitely a concern. With television, it does give you some financial security. I also had to convince my family to trust me.”

However, his outlook towards this changed between 2020 and 2021. Vikrant says, “The pandemic showed us that nothing is certain as we saw so many TV shows going off air. Even some new shows wrapped up within no time. One thing I learnt from the whole situation is that you really cannot plan things as there’s no security.”

Vikrant says that though he is in showbiz, he doesn’t necessarily subscribe to the glamourous lifestyle. “I come from a basic middle class background.

Through the years, my lifestyle hasn’t changed and my wants are limited,” he says.