Wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson shares he has been tracking the love he receives from India
Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 24, 2021)

Many actors from Bollywood including Varun Dhawan have time and again expressed their fondness for wrestler-turned-Hollywood actor Dwayne Johnson. And the 49-year-old, who has worked with actor Priyanka Chopra Jonas in the 2017 film Baywatch, reveals that it never goes unnoticed.

“I get a lot of love from Bollywood actors and I appreciate the love. I see what they post (on social media) and how they comment. It means a lot to me,” says Johnson, who is all set with his next release, Red Notice on Netflix.

“A lot of times, [since they are] actors [they could be just] acting, but the love that I get from a lot of actors in India is genuine. I feel it, all the way, over here,” confesses Johnson, who quickly adds, “By the way, I was tracking this love even when I was wrestling.”

The actor, who is also known by his ring name The Rock, continues, “I wrestled full time... It was a very short career… And I never made it to India. But I can’t wait to come there. I keep hearing that, ‘You are exploding in India’ (sic).”

On the movie front, one thing that all his fans love about the actor is his penchant for action-comedies, something that will be seen again in the latest venture, which sees him as a producer, as well. The Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) actor explains, “I like the convergence of humour and action in my movies. I feel like today’s headlines are tomorrow’s punchlines. What may be tough on us today, can always be laughed about the next day.”

Red Notice features Hollywood actors Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot along with Johnson. Talking about his co-star Reynolds, with whom he had worked in Hobbs & Shaw (2019) too, Johnson shares, “Ryan is a genuinely funny, witty guy with multiple layers to his sense of humour. He brings this awesome fun dynamic between us. We have been friends for a very long time. We literally started our careers together the same year.”