Kavita Awaasthi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 27, 2021)

Last year, Sikandar Kher took a bold step when he asked for work by posting a picture on Instagram. Though the Aarya actor was busy shooting for actor-turned-director Dev Patel’s directorial debut, The Monkey Man and another project, he felt he could do more.

Kher says as he was looking for more and better work, he had no qualms about putting the thought out there. He explains, “There is no shame in asking for work. I am a professional and sometimes you have to be upfront about it. I felt it was completely normal for me to post something like this on Instagram.”

Kher’s honesty reaped fruits, as his post garnered a lot of attention and he was swamped with support from his fans. He is currently gearing up for his next shoot, while he has projects like Monica O My Darling co-starring Rajkummar Rao and Radhika Apte, another web show, and an upcoming film in his kitty. He believes that humility goes a long way. He had put the message out there without the fear of being judged and his earnestness and respect for his profession worked for him.

The actor adds, “You have to market yourself and showcase your abilities in order to be seen. I was already busy with projects, but I knew I can do more. Even brands do marketing for themselves to get business.”