Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; October 24, 2021)

After working in various international productions, actor Mallika Sherawat returned home and marked her digital debut with The Story followed by Booo Sabki Phategi and Nakaab. Sherawat, who turns 45 today, is shooting for yet another web show now. “The digital space is revolutionizing Indian cinema”, notes Sherawat, who reveals that she moved to the West because she faced “bullying and harassment” here.

“I was the first Indian actor to do a film with Jackie Chan (The Myth, 2005)... But I felt no one was feeling happy seeing a small-town girl, who came to Mumbai to make her career, travel abroad for film festivals. There was some bullying and harassment from certain sections of the media too. I thought it’s best to leave the country.”

She says that she has evolved now and is happy doing what she loves the most, shooting. “I don’t want to do loud roles. I want to play some real characters. But I want to [continue to] work in both Indian and international cinema.”