'Gonna Close My Eyes And Walk Through This,' Writes COVID-Positive Rupali Ganguly

Saptaparna Biswas (BOMBAY TIMES; August 13, 2021)

Even though Rupali Ganguly had been away from TV for the past seven years, Anupamaa ensured her successful return to the small screen. Back in the early 2000s, Rupali became popular because of her character Monisha Sarabhai on the show Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, who was known for her thrifty ways and bargaining skills. In real life, the actress says she’s a lot like Monisha.

“They call me garbage queen at home because I’m extremely particular about reduce, reuse and recycle. I’m a real-life Monisha, when it comes to this. I don’t let any food go to waste at home. I reuse all the plastic bottles that come home, wear the same clothes time and again, because why not?” she says.

Elaborating on how she leads a sustainable lifestyle, she says, “Historically, Indians have been frugal in terms of living, using only as much is required. Now convenience has taken over our sustainable ways of living. We used to wash clothes with hands, used buckets and a mug for baths, there was an emphasis on ventilation — but all that is lost due to the fast pace of living. However, I take steps to use the same old methods. I don’t wear silk, I prefer cotton and I make sure to carry my six bottles of water on the shoot, instead of getting disposable water.”