Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; August 22, 2021)

She is her parent’s only child, but Avika Gor never felt the void of a sibling. Even if she experienced pangs occasionally of missing out on the bitter-sweet moments siblings share, it was taken care of two years ago after she decided to tie rakhi on Aly Goni’s hand. The two participated in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi in 2019 and Aly’s caring attitude towards Avika had them hitting it off instantly.

Avika shares, “Aly was extremely caring, sweet and protective of me. I was injured during the shoot and needed someone to take care of me. Aly stood by me throughout the show. He cheered for me during every stunt and was extremely encouraging. We did not know each other and yet he supported me. My first ever Eid celebration was at his home and my first ever Eidi was given to me by him. He is kind and honest. I absolutely love him to the core.”

The actress adds, “I tied rakhi to him in person immediately after Khatron Ke Khiladi. We were chilling at Jasmin’s home and I asked him if I could tie him rakhi and he replied, ‘Of course.’ I got a Chota Bheem rakhi for him (laughs!).”

Aly says, “Avika is very caring and sweet. She is always happy with my success and supported me when I was inside the Bigg Boss house. We share a beautiful, special and strong bond. Uske efforts ki wajah se hamaara rishta itna pyaara bana hai. Though we may not get to meet often, she keeps me posted about all the developments in her life. She even told me about Milind Chandwani when she started dating him. I checked his profile and he came across as a nice guy.”

Ask him if he is a protective brother to Avika and he replies, “She doesn’t need anyone to protect her. She is very strong and started working at a young age. Usne itne padhaav dekh liye hain ki usko kisi ke protection ki zaroorat nahi hai. Usne apni life ke faisle khud liye hain. I appreciate it. That’s how I am and I relate to her on that aspect.”

Avika won’t be in Mumbai this year to celebrate the festival with Aly. She says, “Sadly, I won’t be in Mumbai this year, too. So, I will be sending him the rakhi. It’s like a long-distance sibling love between us (smiles!).”

The actress says that though they may not be in touch with each other on a regular basis when they meet, they pick up where they left off. She says, “The USP of our friendship and the brother-sister love is that we may not talk for months, but we know that we are there for each other and have each other’s back. I will always cherish the sweet bond that we have.”