Rachana Dubey (BOMBAY TIMES; July 7, 2021)

With the focus on being eco-friendly and sustainable living, artistes and filmmakers, too, have been making changes in their own way in their personal as well as workspace to promote the idea of avoiding wastage. The emphasis is not only on keeping surroundings clean on the sets, but it also includes reusing and recycling products. Taapsee Pannu, who is shooting for her Telugu film, Mishan Impossible, will be wearing outfits in the movie that have been made from biodegradable and recycled material.

Talking about it, Taapsee says, “I would often think that it’s sad that so many clothes which we use during a shoot are wasted. They are kept in boxes, and ultimately, thrown away. Rarely do producers think of reusing or recycling them. I wanted to try and do my bit for the environment by opting for fabric and brands that use biodegradable or recycled material for my outfits. With Mishan Impossible, I could do that. Most of the outfits I wear in this film are made out of disposable waste or biodegradable materials. The character I play has the scope for me to wear such clothes. I have loved the idea, which came from our stylist Indrakshi Pattanaik. I wish to incorporate this thought in my other films, too.”