Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 6, 2021)

Showbiz has been an integral part of Karisma Kapoor’s life, being born in an illustrious film family. At 17, she marked her acting debut with Prem Qaidi (1991). The actor reminisces,“Time flies by so quickly! My journey has been all about me growing up in the industry and climbing up the ladder. I joined movies, straight after school.”

Kapoor admits it’s a rare phenomenon for two sisters to be a part of Bollywood and receive so much love. “I’m thankful to the audience and my directors and producers for the great opportunities. It’s not like all star kids are successful. We’ve been lucky,” she says.

The actor, who delivered hits like Andaz Apna Apna (1994) and Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1997), took a hiatus after Dangerous Ishhq in 2012. Eight years later, she was seen in Mentalhood, which marked her foray into the digital world. She says, “It was a conscious decision to stay at home. I wanted to be oblivious and be with my kids.”

So, is she set to be back to the silver screen? “I haven’t even thought if I want to work again or not. I do things that interest me. I did films, a TV show, a web show and then hosted a radio show for a while. There’s no game plan,” Kapoor ends.