Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; June 26, 2021)

Reports are doing the rounds of how all is not well between Anupamaa’s lead actors, Sudhanshu Pandey and Rupali Ganguly. There are rumours of how two groups have been formed on the sets — Rupali with Alpana Buch, Aashish Mehrotra and Muskan Bamne, while the other side has Sudhanshu, Madalsa Sharma, Paras Kalnawat and Anagha Bhosle. Recently, when Sudhanshu posted a promo of the show on his Instagram handle, he untagged Rupali in it. This led to further gossip about tension between the two.

We reached out to Sudhanshu and he said, “These are such silly things that people create. I don’t understand how their minds work. How will I achieve anything in my career by untagging someone? Generally, the practice is to tag people who are associated with the picture and I often copy-paste the link I get from someone on my social media. When the show started, Rupali and I posted many videos together because we were married in the show. Now, I am married to Kavya (Madalsa Sharma), so obviously, we will post videos together to promote the track,” says the actor.

He adds, “Rupali and I are good co-actors and friends, too. There is nothing wrong between us. And a difference of opinion between two actors at times is very normal and can happen any day. There are so many times when you don’t agree on something and get a little upset, but then it is over. And that does not only happen with actors working on the sets, it also happens between two individuals at home. Rift or cold war are too strong words to use.”

Sudhanshu shares how he has many years of experience behind him and has never given any importance to baseless rumours. He says, “I have been around for a long time and worked in 41 films, till now. I have also worked opposite Bollywood actresses, so I will never get into frivolous matters. The title of the show is Anupamaa, but the show revolves around the husband, wife and his lover. It is the story of a family. So, it is normal for people to jump to assumptions around what happens behind the scenes.”

Rupali Ganguly, however, was not available for comment.