Juhi Chakraborty (HINDUSTAN TIMES; June 28, 2021)

Actor Alankrita Sahai has decided to walk out of a Punjabi film after one of the producers allegedly misbehaved with her and made lewd comments. Sahai admits she was eager to be a part of Fuffad Ji, which would’ve marked her Punjabi film debut, but circumstances turned out to be bad.

“The rest of the team was good, but one of the producers was unprofessional, unethical and immoral. I’ve worked with so many producers and till date, they have all been amazing. I have never experienced this before,” she tells us.

It all started with professional differences, and there came a point when Sahai and the producer couldn’t get along because “he crossed the line”. “Nobody should cross the boundary, even verbally. If you make snarky, inappropriate and lewd comments about me, why would I tolerate it? My self-respect is everything to me, and I will protect it no matter what. That man is crude and morally callous,” asserts the 27-year-old.

The Love Per Square Foot (2018) actor adds, “You can’t misuse the money and power you have and cross boundaries with me. He made my life miserable, it was harassment and I had to put my foot down.”

Ask if she filed a complaint on the matter, and Sahai says it didn’t reach that level, because there were no physical meetings involved. “There were weird messages, inappropriate behaviour on texts and phone calls. I didn’t want it to reach a case of #MeToo. This is not that case, it was one of misconduct,” she clarifies, hoping that her decision to walk out of the film will be a lesson to the producer, to mend his ways.