Anup Satphale (BOMBAY TIMES; March 16, 2021)

After making her big screen debut with the Marathi film Savita Damodar Paranjpe (2018), actress Trupti Toradmal followed it up with the historical film Fatteshikast (2019) in which she played the role of Rai Bagan Sahiba. Now, Trupti is foraying into the mythological space with Om Raut’s upcoming multi-starrer Adipurush.

The actress recently took to social media to share the news with her followers. Speaking to us about the same, Trupti said that it was a dream come true. And what made it even more exciting was the fact that her first shot for the film was opposite Prabhas.

She said, “I was rehearsing my lines when Prabhas reached the set. I thought it wouldn’t look good to randomly go and greet him then. But when he saw me, Prabhas himself came up to me and said hello. That was the ice-breaker.”

Trupti added that she was a little nervous before her first shot because it was with Prabhas, but managed to pull through. “Om gives us the script on the day of shoot. In my first shot, I had a monologue and had thoroughly prepared for it. But when I stood in front of Prabhas, my heart started pounding. I was scared that I would goof up, but both Om and Prabhas were encouraging and we completed the shot. Despite being a superstar, Prabhas is down-to-earth. His humility and soft-spoken attitude made it easier to shoot with him,” shared Trupti.

While she is not allowed to reveal much about the role, she told us that it’s going to be a ‘unique, beautiful and exotic’ character. Trupti also revealed that she loves historical and mythological films. “I would do such roles over any glamourous role, the reason being the look that you get to portray. Sporting that get-up, you feel like being a part of something grand. It’s difficult to carry all the jewellery and attire, but it’s equally thrilling,” she said.

Adipurush is mounted on a big scale and involves a lot of special effects and VFX work. Trupti told us, “The attention to detail is superb. The entire team is putting in so much effort. Everything is in sync with the concept that the makers have in mind.”