Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 26, 2021)

It started with her not wanting to become an actor, but now, she has been in the industry for 30 years. Mention it to Raveena Tandon, and she laughs, “When you say it aloud, it doesn’t feel like that. Every new film or show I do, I’ve butterflies in my stomach.”

Daughter of producer-director Ravi Tandon, she went on to establish herself in a variety of genres. One might think she got everything on a silver platter, but the reality, she says, was far from it.

“I am in this industry by default, I never wanted to be an actress. It wasn’t that my dad influenced someone to take me into films, or pushed me. There’s this nepotism debate today, which I think is ridiculous. Things happened on their own for me. If I didn’t have the face for it, I wouldn’t have been discovered,” says the 46-year-old.

It was actually the makers of Pathhar Ke Phool (1991), who approached her father to let her act. “They said, ‘ghar ki bacchi hai, don’t worry’,” she says.

Three decades later, today, she is set to make her web debut. Ask her what is it about her which helped her survive, and she says, “I managed to do some varied stuff and got accepted. I have no clue how I stayed relevant. I started experimenting pretty early. You need to grow, evolve, and that is what I always tried.”