Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 20, 2020)

Leja Re, Vaaste and now Nayan — singer Dhvani Bhanushali’s songs continue to top the chartbusters. And despite the mind-boggling views online, she remains humble. “The success I’m getting... it’s difficult to digest sometimes. It’s a bit surreal. I’m just very lucky and grateful. The audience has supported me so much,” she exclaims.

The 22-year-old loved singing even when she was in school, but her training started much later. She began by doing covers, until her career started shaping up. And Bhanushali never thought about how different people will react differently to her songs. “I was so into doing my best that I completely forgot about the reactions. I was lost in my art, and left it all to God. And it all turned out pretty good. Of course, I had experienced directors who guided me right, and T-Series. At the same time, to shine out of that whole lot is sort of hard, it kind of gets to you,” she admits.

Her track Vaaste, recently touched a billion views on YouTube. Ecstatic with the love, the singer adds, “People went crazy. I never fathomed something like this would happen. It’s indeed a turning point in my career. It has completely transformed my life into something so beautiful.”

Amid all this, the one thing she is sure about, is keeping her songs friendly for kids. She elaborates, “I always want clean lyrics and videos. Now, my target audience is kids. They’re fragile minds, and I don’t want to do something which is not right.”

So, what’s next? “I’m going on a holiday. This year has ended on a good note for me, and 2021 is going to start on that as well,” she says.