THE TIMES OF INDIA (November 25, 2020)

New Delhi: Well-known actor and journalist Vishwa Mohan Badola, remembered for his performances in Swades, Jodhaa Akbar and Munna Bhai MBBS, passed away on Monday. He was 84.

Badola served in various newspapers including The Times of India and The Pioneer and participated in more than 400 plays for AIR. A noted theatre artiste, he was associated with various Delhi-based groups including Abhiyan, and also acted in TV serials such as Zindagi Kitni Khoobsoorat Hai and Amma and Family. He received plaudits for his work in the moving “Google Search: Reunion” ad which received over 15 million views on YouTube alone.

“My father never sat me down to teach me anything. He made learning a way of life for me.” his son actor Varun Badola wrote on Instagram.
----------------------
BOMBAY TIMES (November 26, 2020)

Veteran actor and theatre personality, Vishwa Mohan Badola, 84, passed away due to age-related illness this week. His son, actor Varun Badola took to social media and penned an emotional farewell letter and called him a legend. He wrote, “A lot of people crib about the fact that their kids do not listen to them. Many forget that kids are always watching them. My father never sat me down to teach me anything. He made learning a way of life for me. He set an example so exemplary that I had no choice but..., follow.” He credited his dad for all the talent he has. “If you think that I am a good actor, blame him. If I write, he has to take the onus. If I sing... well, if I had just about 1/10th of his singing talent, I would have become a singer.”

He goes on to add, “I left Delhi and came to Mumbai because his name was too big in that city to counter. I protested that people judge me, they unduly favour me because I am your son. He promptly told me to go and find my own identity some place else if I thought his name was a hindrance. He told me to always operate out of my comfort zone. He made me a man.”

The actor concluded the letter by saying, “Not many know that he was a journalist by profession. A master on South East Asian affairs. Travelled the world twice over. He did more than 400 hundred plays for AIR. He was an actor par excellence. When he sang, time stopped. Make no mistake, this man was a legend. But for me, he was my father. A father who was always watching and always listening. So ladies and gentlemen The Man, The Legend, The Phenomenon has called it a day. But his legacy will stay on forever in various forms. Mr. Vishwa Mohan Badola 1936 - 2020 (sic).”

Many celebrities, including those from the theatre world, took to social media to pay tribute to the thespian. He is survived by his wife and three children, including actress Alka Kaushal and RJ Kalindi Badola.