Titas Chowdhury (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 7, 2019)

Actor Kriti Kharbanda is on cloud nine after the success of Housefull 4 and is gearing up for her next release, Pagalpanti. Comparing the shooting schedule of the film to joining an acting school, the 29-year-old actor says, “I feel like I’ve done a diploma course in comedy. At the end of the schedule, we were all sad. We were so used to chilling on the sets that when I went to shoot for a different film, it felt weird. The atmosphere on the sets of Pagalpanti was light, which made me wonder why the mood on the set of Taish (an upcoming revenge drama) was so serious.”

While Bollywood is going big on experimenting with its content, how do films like Pagalpanti fare? Kriti says, “It’s a fun, slapstick comedy on the lines of Welcome (2007) and No Entry (2005). This film worked out perfectly for me because I’m also loud and over the top in life. In the film, we’ve taken a dig at ourselves. Good content may not be hard-hitting always; it can be fun, too.”

The actor is sharing the screen with her alleged beau, Pulkit Samrat, in this comic caper. Ask her what she loves the most about Pulkit and she says, “Pulkit is trying to woo me but I’m not giving in. I’m playing hard to get. While shooting, he made sure my day began with my favourite flowers. He’s kind. I love the coffee that he makes for me. This Women’s Day, we were in London and he got gifts for every girl on the set. That was a sweet gesture.”

Appreciating Pulkit’s cooking skills, Kriti reveals, “He’s a surprise package. He once invited me for dinner and made mutton rogan josh. I was surprised!” Both the actors live in the same building in Mumbai. “The nature of our job is such that we don’t have time to even meet our parents. We make the most of the time we have together. We’re happy in our lives and that’s what matters. And, when he has a co-actor like me, he feels like shooting all the time,” she concludes.