MUMBAI MIRROR (November 11, 2019)

Shilpa Shetty says her 13-year sabbatical was self-imposed and well thought out. The actress will soon be making a comeback. Talking about her break from films, Shilpa said: "I've been a part of the industry and I continue to be a part of it some way or the other. When you miss the limelight, you feel like you are losing out on fame and people are forgetting you. I never missed it because I was still doing television. "

The actress was last seen on the big screen in 2007 in Life In A...Metro and Apne. Looking back at her journey, she said: "Becoming an actor was luck by chance. I was 15 years old and went for an event where a guy saw me and asked to get myself clicked. Next day, the photos were distributed on a set of a show and that's when I started getting work."

She might be away from the big screen but she continues to stay connected with her fans through social media. "I sometimes feel that Instagram makes me look cooler than I am. I am not that cool," she said. "I love every aspect of life but on the other hand, I don't know how to do a split or to drive or swim. I am not hydrophobic, I love to go to beaches but that's only for Instagram."

Recalling an incident that led to her driving phobia, Shilpa said: "I was mobbed by a fan who sat on the bonnet of my car. Now, I am scared of it. I do drive for a part in my films, but I ensure that everyone is far away."