Pooja Sharma (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 11, 2019)

Kubbra Sait who tasted success with Sacred Games, is now excited about her role in the upcoming film, Dolly Kitty Aur Chamakte Sitare, other than working on several web series. The actor states that although her public life has transformed, not much has changed in her personal sphere as she likes to keep her “routine the same”. Excerpts from an interview.

What’s your area of focus right now — movies or web shows?
I am delighted with the offers coming my way. Every role is different. I finished three films. My focus is acting, regardless of the platform, I get the scope to act. I am not limiting myself. If I do so then the opportunities will be limited.

Is it the craft that entices you or the stardom?
I am learning the craft. Like thousands of people who came to this city, I, too, came with stardom on my mind. But when you see yourself on camera, you automatically want to improve yourself and your craft. So today, I value my craft more because I know that stardom will follow.

What kind of genres do you like?
I am highly driven to the pscyho-thriller genre, a lot to do with the mind. Currently, I am watching Mindhunter and Euphoria. Basically, shows that mess with your head. I am excited to watch them. I like shows that keep you at the edge of your seat.

Who’s on your wish-list of people you want to work with?
I’d love to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, although I’ve heard he is a task master and he will take away two years of my life. Among actors, Ranbir Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Sandra Owe. I’d like to work with Varun Dhawan and Arjun Kapoor too, because they were my classmates. I’d also love to be interviewed by and interview Ellen DeGenres.