Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; October 19, 2019)

Earlier this year, Bobby Deol shared a picture of his son Aryaman on social media, which went viral immediately. Netizens gushed over Bobby’s handsome son. Given the teenager’s good looks, one wondered if he, too, would choose films as a career like his grandfather Dharmendra, uncle Sunny, dad Bobby and now, cousin Karan. When we met Bobby recently to talk about his upcoming film, we asked him whether his 18-year-old son is likely to join films.

Bobby told BT, “When you are from the industry, and your kids grow up, everybody starts expecting them to enter films. I am from this business, and I would love my son to be an actor, but I don’t want him to feel restricted. He should broaden his horizon and think of other professions as well. My son is academically inclined. I just dropped him in New York, where he is studying business management at a renowned university. You need to be a good student to get into such colleges. He makes me really proud.” Let’s wait and watch if another Deol kid steps into the glitzy world of Bollywood.