Tiger Shroff
Following up War with another actioner in Baaghi 3, Tiger Shroff discusses playing to his strengths in the 'competitive' industry
Mohar Basu (MID-DAY; October 11, 2019)

While War remains unstoppable at the box office, Tiger Shroff is already clocking in long hours, shooting for Baaghi 3. The Ahmed Khan-directed film is a passion project for the actor who owes his thriving career to the franchise's long-standing popularity. Shroff is happy to be back on home turf with action spectacles like War and Baaghi 3.

"My audience doesn't take my experimentation well. Right after Baaghi 2 [2018], I was seen being bullied by college kids in Student Of The Year 2. That wasn't appreciated by my fans. SOTY 2 recovered the money but didn't fare as well as we had hoped for," says the young star, aware that audience's expectations are sky-high from Baaghi 3. "I had a lot of feedback [on the script]. Ahmed sir [director] and the producer [Sajid Nadiadwala] were kind enough to hear my suggestions."

Detractors may argue that Shroff, with his multiple action offerings, uses the genre as a safety net. But the actor views it differently. "It's competitive these days. You have to exploit your strengths to the maximum. I can't be compared to anyone else in my generation in the genre of films that I do." Quiz him if he worries about being pigeon-holed at a time when his peers are fearlessly experimenting, and he candidly says, "I would never dare to compete with Varun Dhawan or Ranveer Singh. I can't do comedy like them. So, it's fair to say that main apni jagah theek hoon. I am choosing roles that display my action abilities."

Varun Dhawan and Ranveer Singh