Alaia F and Jay Shewakramani
Chaya Unnikrishnan (DNA; October 4, 2019)

Even before her debut movie, Jawaani Jaaneman, hits the screens, Pooja Bedi’s daughter Alaia F has been signed for a three-film deal by producer Jay Shewakramani. Incidentally, he is also the co-producer of her launchpad that is being headlined by Saif Ali Khan.

“After working with her in Jawaani Jaaneman, and seeing her evolve as an actor, I decided to go ahead and sign her for a three-movie deal. I had this in mind since the beginning but after watching her performance, it reassured me. Alaia is fabulous as an actor, and I’ve seen the transformation; so, I know she makes the cut, undoubtedly.” And the deal does not have a clause of exclusivity. “It’s a completely non-exclusive deal. She can sign any film as and when she likes,” says Jay.

After wrapping up the shoot of Jawaani Jaaneman in London, Alaia, who’s popular on social media wrote, “Gratitude and excitement is all I feel. It’s a wrap for me on Jawaani Jaaneman. Thank you, Thank you, Thank You thank you! I couldn’t have asked for anything more (sic).”