Tusshar, Laksshya with Ekta Kapoor
Nayandeep Rakshit (DNA; February 2, 2019)

Two-and-a-half years ago, Tusshar became the first Bollywood actor to become a single father. He opted for surrogacy and welcomed Laksshya Kapoor, who he fondly calls ‘Laddoo’. The family now has another addition to the clan with the arrival of Ekta Kapoor’s baby boy, Ravie Kapoor.

Tusshar says, “It was completely Ekta’s decision. She had been thinking about this for quite some time. I have always supported her and I knew she would do it only when she was ready to have a child. I did it a few years ago when I was ready for this new phase.”

The doting brother believes that his son has been instrumental in helping Ekta take this major decision. “Laksshya loves his bua and Ekta enjoys being around him. So, I’m sure being with her nephew, she must have realised that maternal instinct within her,” he adds.

The Golmaal Again actor agrees that since he had already been through the process, he could be by her side. He says, “Ekta told me around a year ago about her desire to become a mother. We, as a family, knew about this. Our parents have always been supportive about everything — right from our careers to our personal choices. They are extremely Indian at heart but liberal, as well. Mom, dad, Laksshya and me — we all are happy. They have always wanted to be grandparents and now, there will be two kids at home, so it’s more enjoyable for them.”

It’s double the fun in the Kapoor household now as Laksshya, too, has turned bade bhaiyya. The actor reveals that his son is aware that there is a new member in the family. “He is so excited. He rushes into the baby’s nursery and checks on him at times. He keeps asking me, “Bhaiyya kahaan hai?” When the baby will become a year older, then I’m sure they will become partners in crime. Laksshya and Ravie will be more like buddies,” says the star.

Tusshar, who has now turned mamu to the little one, rues that he hasn’t been able to be with Ravie. “I’ve been shooting, so I haven’t spent quality time with the baby yet. But I’m going to do something special soon,” he signs off with a smile.