I will learn a lot from Pankaj Tripathi: Ranveer Singh
Chaya Unnikrishnan (DNA; February 10, 2019)

For his film based on India’s Cricket World Cup win in 1983, director Kabir Khan has put together an ensemble cast to form Team India led by Ranveer Singh who will step into the shoes of Kapil Dev. After Sahil Khattar, Jiiva, Ammy Virk and Harrdy Sandhu, the latest to join the cast is Pankaj Tripathi, who will essay Man Singh, the manager of the 1983 Indian team. Ranveer is looking forward to collaborate with the Bareilly Ki Barfi actor.

He says, “Pankaj Tripathi is one of the finest actors in India. He was a part of Gunday, but he had a brief role. I read somewhere that part of the reason he is doing ’83 is me! That’s a massive thing for him to say. I admire him as an actor. He has done some fine work in Newton, Gurgaon and Mirzapur all of which I have have seen and loved.”

The Padmaavat actor recently met Pankaj at an actors’ round table. He says, “I kept saying, ‘Sir I want to work with you’. I manifested it dil se and it has happened. Kapil and Man Singh have a beautiful track. I think I will learn a lot from him and he will help me grow as an actor.”