Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; February 7, 2019)

Actress Daisy Shah is all set to make her debut in Gujarati cinema. Titled Gujarat 11, the film will feature her opposite Pratik Gandhi, whose movie Wrong Side Raju won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in 2017. She will play a football coach in it.

Daisy says, “A close friend told me that though I have been working in Bollywood, I should do a film in my mother tongue whenever I get the chance. I feel lucky to have found a good project to work in and that’s the reason I am doing a Gujarati film. When director Jayant Gilatar narrated the script to me, it immediately grabbed my attention. This film is different from what I have done till date. Besides pushing me on the physical front, I will also have to work on my language, as I speak Mumbaiya Gujarati.”

Ask her if she would take up more regional films, and she replies, “As far as I am getting interesting projects to work in, it doesn’t matter whether it’s Bollywood, South or Gujarati. The script is the hero for me.”