Kailash Kher on #MeToo: Accusing without formal complaint is not authentic
MID-DAY (February 8, 2019)

Kailash Kher, who has been accused by multiple women of sexual harassment, says that in his view, if a person is not making a formal complaint and continues to accuse, it is not authentic.

A few months ago, singer Sona Mohapatra had shared her unsavoury experience with Kher, and after that, at least four other women raised allegations against the Teri Deewani singer.

Mohapatra, in an interview, said she will not lodge a police complaint against Kailash, but will make sure he doesn’t repeat his alleged act in the future. Reacting to this, Kher said, “Everyone has their own thinking. If I accuse someone by taking that individual’s name over and over again, then, nothing will come out of it. If you take the legal recourse against that person, it becomes another matter altogether. If I tell you that I will not lodge a complaint, but will still accuse him of doing certain criminal activity, then I feel it’s not an authentic complaint.”

Does he feel Mohapatra’s allegations are baseless? Kher said, “No. I will not decide what is right and wrong. I have never accused someone. I am living my life. We are simple human beings and we want to focus on creating music.”

On his upcoming projects, Kher said, “We are now doing live concert of Kailasa all over India and the world. Along with that, we are working on our new album. It is called Tham Ja.”