Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; November 18, 2018)

Bollywood actor Kunal Kemmu is all set to make his debut on the small screen. He will be hosting a stand-up comedy show, tentatively titled Kanpur Wale Khuranas, which features Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Upasna Singh.

A source informs, “The show will see a list of celebrities and achievers of 2018 as guests. They will be entertained by Kunal with his crazy jija, played by Sunil Grover, and saalis.”

Kunal confirms the news and says, “I am both nervous and excited, as it’s a new space that I am exploring. I have known the makers, Neeti and Preeti Simoes, since a long time. They would always joke that we should do something together, as they felt that I am fun and natural. I took this up because it’s not a long-term commitment. Besides, it will also help me test waters and give me an opportunity to understand the medium. I would also get to know how comedy shows work on TV, because I have always been on the other side of the fence.”