The actor hopes to feature in the film as well and convince singer-dad Nitin Mukesh to give playback
Avinash Lohana (MUMBAI MIRROR; July 11, 2018)

After a decade in show business as an actor, Neil Nitin Mukesh has turned producer with an as-yet-untitled thriller-drama which will mark the directorial debut of younger brother Naman. The film which he is co-producing with Madan Paliwal, will roll in September and be shot in India.

“It’s a coming-of-age story of a young boy who eventually learns that our perception doesn’t always align with the reality. Since it’s a thriller, I can’t reveal more. I’ve written the script, have been working on it since the last two years. Naman collaborated with me on it as being a director it’s important for him to be on the same page,” informs Neil.

The actor who is currently working with Sujeeth, the 26-year-old director of Saaho, also featuring Prabhas and Shraddha Kapoor, is all praise for the tech savvy younger generation, which includes his 27-year-old brother. Naman has assisted Bejoy Nambiar and Abbas-Mastan, and worked on a lot of ad films and web content earlier.

Will Neil feature in the film too, you wonder, and he responds with a laugh, “I hope Naman approaches me. I’ve written the script with myself in mind, but Naman has the freedom to decide his cast. As an actor I’m pricey. It’s an ensemble cast, so we have started approaching different actors. The technical crew is on board and recee is on. Music will also play an important part in this film.”

So, will his singer-father Nitin Mukesh give playback for the film? “Both Naman and I want that and are trying to convince him. Meanwhile, he is on board to sing the theme song to go with our company’s logo which represents three generations — from my dada ji, singer Mukesh, to dad and now Naman and me,” smiles Neil, adding that he always wanted to be involved with all aspects of filmmaking and has been directing ads since the last three years. Will he make his directorial debut soon? “Right now, it’s Naman’s turn, but maybe in a year or two,” he signs off.