Rachit Gupta (BOMBAY TIMES; March 30, 2018)

Urvashi Rautela (Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva 2015–Miss Universe India) filed a complaint with the Bandra Police station on Wednesday evening for use of her false identity and Aadhar card to book a room in a five star hotel. The complaint was filed by Rautela’s publicist and manager Kapil Mishra. The actress learnt of the fraud when hotel authorities approached her while she was at the restaurant in the hotel. Urvashi revealed, “The hotel personnel came up to me at 10.30 pm and requested to discuss some details with me in my room. I was surprised. I didn’t have a room booked at the hotel. I was just meeting a business associate in the restaurant. The hotel staff informed me that they had an Aadhar card with my details used to make the booking.”

The hotel authorities informed Urvashi that the girl who’d booked the room in her name was a model. The booking was made from an online portal. The actress quickly checked the hotel’s system for the details. She said, “According to the details I found in the hotel’s booking system, the girl’s name was Parul Chaudhary. The hotel authorities informed me that they tried to swipe her credit card but that was declined. When the staff tried to get in touch with her, she made an excuse that some family emergency had come up and she had to leave. When the staff tried to stop her at the hotel exits, she made her way to the basement and ran away from there. She was last seen wearing a burkha.” The Aadhar number mentioned on the document in the hotel’s system was different from Urvashi’s original. But all other details including the photo were correct.

Rautela and her manager reported the case to Bandra Police station. The case has been registered under section 419, 420 and 468 of IPC and relevant sections of the IT Act. She added, “The police has assured me that they’ll track the girl down. They are going to use the IP address used to make the booking for their investigation. I’m shocked and taken aback by the audacity of the person faking my details. Luckily I was in the right place at the right time.”