Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; October 17, 2017)

After ruling Bollywood for decades, Madhuri Dixit Nene has finally veered her attention towards her mother tongue. After the announcement of her turning producer with a Marathi film, BT has now learnt that the Dhak Dhak actress will make her acting debut in the industry. However, it won't be her own production.

The yet-to-be-titled project is a slice-of-life film that revolves around a woman's (played by Madhuri) journey of self-realisation, laced with a dash of humour. It will go on floors by the end of this year.

Though Madhuri has always wanted to act in Marathi films, seems, she was waiting for the right script to come her way. The actress says, “Marathi cinema is evolving beautifully and it makes me proud to see such incredible stories come alive on screen. I have received many scripts over the years, since I was always open to acting in Marathi films. However, no script excited me as much as this one. The moment I heard the story, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it.“