Nishant-Riya
Subhash K Jha (DNA; September 20, 2017)

A report put out by a website claiming that a newbie had been “sexually harassed” by Riya Sen, while shooting for Ekta Kapoor’s Ragini MMS Returns, has caused embarrassment to the young actor Nishant Malkani.

He says, “We were shooting a bedroom sequence where we had to get intimate. In the bid to make it as real as possible we were both improvising. Riya pulled my trackpants down, and that too just a bit.” This is where the scandal erupted.

Says Malkani, “I was stunned with all the reports of Riya sexually harassing me. For God’s sake, I would know if I was sexually harassed. And I am man enough to own up to it if it happened. It is ridiculous to even suggest that Riya took advantage of me. If she pulled my pants down she did it for the scene. I am okay with it. She’s okay with it. Her husband is okay with it. Then who are these people shouting about sexual harassment?”

Malkani feels reports on sexual violation need to be more responsible. “Sexual harassment is a very serious matter. Please don’t trivialise it by using it for sensational headlines. Man or woman, it is equally important to come forward if you are sexually harassed. And I don’t think my mardaangi would be challenged if I owned up to being harassed.”